Thursday 21 November 2013

Armed robbery kingpin, Godogodo opens up on why he loved killing policemen

By CHIOMA IGBOKWEThe last has not been heard of the exploits of the suspected notorious armed robber, Abiodun Ogunjobi, aka Abbey Godogodo, who held sway for more than 14 years before he was finally picked up in August, 2013 by operatives of Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), Lagos State command as he has revealed why he loved to kill policemen.
Godogodo, who recently led the police to recover seven more AK 47 rifles and other ammunition, gave insight into his exploit as king of the underworld to newsmen in Lagos yesterday. Also arrested was an arms dealer, Ikechukwu, who had been suppling arms to Godogodo in the past six years before the burst in August.

Godogodo, gave a chilling account of why and how he killed the owner of 04 Hotel in Ajah, Lagos State, Olanrewaju Subair and seven others on  July 7, 2013.

In his words: “ I had no intention to ever rob in that hotel because that was the place where we normally lodge after the day’s raid. However, things changed when the MD told the police that my hit man Odun was in that hotel. We were lucky that he was the only one outside the hotel when members of SARS arrested him.

“ They tried to use him to trail me but failed because he used a coded language to tell me that the MD of the hotel was the one who alerted the police. I was so angry and gathered my boys to pay them a visit. My mission was simple, an eye for an eye.”

According to Godogodo, their initial plan was to kill him in the presence of his family but we were disappointed to discover that he and his family members were not at home.

“We immediately rushed to the hotel, took over the environment and forced them to show us where the MD was sleeping.  I was so excited and asked my boys to allow me to execute him.  I ordered them to raid and rape any woman of their choice. This was solely to revenge the life of my main man that was arrested.

“ I dragged him outside and asked him to explain to me why he alerted the police. He claimed that he was not the one but I am very sure that he was the one. Odun had advised that we should stop patronising the hotel as our face is becoming familiar to people in the area.

He warned that he had overheard the MD threatening to call the police to raid our hideout.

“He pleaded for his life and even offered me N15, 000 in exchange for his life. I was so annoyed and to crown it all, he started saying some incantations. It was then that I realised that if I do not kill this man that he would surely kill me.

I shot him on the chest and he refused to die. I then finished him up on the forehead.” Mission complete, Godogodo claimed that he rushed back to the hotel and asked his boys to seize fire as he was done with his main assignment.

No comments: