Thursday 4 June 2020

Dealing with the loss of a loved one?

Dealing with the loss of a loved one? Read these encouraging words from a man who lost his wife, daughter and sister in-law to the Dana Air  Plane Crash. 

WEEKLY WITH IKE C. IBE

(Draw strength from us)

It was June 3, 2012. I was on the driver’s seat. Jennifer my lovely daughter was in the front with me while her mother and my dear wife Nancy was at the back seat with Jessica our strong daughter. We were on our way to the Abuja airport to drop off Nancy and Jennifer. They were going to lagos to catch their fright to India through Dubai. We got to the airport about 2 pm all hugged each other and said our good byes. 45 minutes after we left the airport driving back, Jessica said ‘Dad call mum now, something is wrong’. She was serious so I pulled over and kept trying her line but it was switched off because they were airborne. Jessica said ‘God I hope nothing happens to my mum and sister, I hope I see them again’. We didn’t see them again. I had then dropped Jessica at the church to continue her Catechism class for her upcoming confirmation. As soon as I got home and sat in front of the TV, the news flashed that the Dana flight from Abuja to lagos has crashed and there were no survivors. My dear wife Nancy, my loving daughter Jennifer and my wife’s aunty Maria were gone forever. That was how our lives crashed immediately. Our help has been in the lord. His rod and staff has been comforting us. It’s exactly 8 years today since that crash. Jessica and I and all our family members both the Ibes and Okwulehies have gone through unimaginable trauma but the Lord has been our strength. We have lived through it and still keeping strong. It is only the grace of God and our faith in Him that has kept us strong. Life has never been the same for us but there is no adversity that life throws at us that we cannot survive as long as there is God. I have written a book about this, spoken at several events across the world and given people strength and renewed hope from our experience. Whatever life throws at you, someone has already passed through it. Pick up the pieces and continue to trust in God. Oh yes, you can also draw from our strength. Don’t you ever loose your faith or question God. We are all conquerors and God is with us. May the souls of Nancy, Jennifer and aunty Maria and the souls of all faithful departed rest in peace. Amen. #Youneedtoknow

No comments: