Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Man Dies Of Long-Term Eréction After Sleeping With Married Woman

A 34-year-old man died while receiving treatment from a local traditional healer after his manhood allegedly remained up after sleeping with a married woman.
The man has been identified as Shelton Dinganga of Zaranyika Road, Mambo.
According to neighbours, the matter which had been kept as a family secret by the man’s relatives occurred last week. The neighbours said they were shocked when they were only informed about Dinganga’s death and not his illness. They said Dinganga had sex with a relative’s wife and his sexual organ remained erect while his other private parts became swollen.
“Dinganga had suddenly disappeared from public life after coming back from Kwekwe where he had visited one of the family relatives whom he was said to be flirting with. We were shocked when his family members later informed us of his death and burial arrangements on Tuesday morning,” a neighbour told the local press.
The neighbour said it was during Dinganga’s burial at Mkoba Cemetery on Wednesday last week when mourners later got the shocking news that he died when his sexual organ remained erect after having sex with a female relative in Kwekwe.
When our news crew visited the house yesterday, Dinganga’s aunt, Ms Janet Gama confirmed the death.
She, however, refused to shed light on the causes of his death.
“Why do you want to know what caused the death of our relative? Yes he died at home and he had declined to be taken to the hospital but to then narrate the whole issue about Dinganga’s illness and subsequent passing away will not bring his life back,” said Ms Gama.

Former Governor Of Osun State Passes Final Bar Exams

Former governor of state of Osun and secretary of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola and 3,896 others were on Tuesday called to the Nigerian Bar having passed the 2012 Bar final examination.
Oyinlola qualified to enrol in the Law School, having gotten a law degree from the University of Birmingham in 2003.
A total of 5,449 students had sat for the August final examination out of which nine passed with first class, 195 had second class upper, 900 had second class lower and 2,783 had pass.
A total of 1,552 failed the examination and would have to re-sit.
Oyinlola had always shown an unbridled thirst for knowledge. He enlisted in the army in 1969. He was in the army when Oyinlola obtained leave to study at the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), where he obtained a Diploma in International Relations in 1979. He also obtained a Master of Science in Defence Studies in 1988 from the University of Madras, India.
In 1999, Oyinlola obtained a Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies from the University of Ibadan. In 2003 he obtained a law degree from Buckingham University, United Kingdom.
In April 2004, the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso made him an honorary Doctor of Civil Law.
In April 2006, the Federal University of Technology, Minna, made him an honorary Doctor of Science. He has also been conferred with a honourary Doctor of Laws (Osun State University, 2009), LL.D University of Buckingham – 2005; and honourary Doctor of Civil Laws (Lead City University Ibadan – 2010).

Six Israeli ‘spies’ executed before baying mob in Gaza City, before motorbike gang drags one bloodied victim through the streets (PHOTO)

Six men accused of being ‘Israeli spies’ were dragged through the streets of Gaza City and executed in front of a chanting mob today as Israel warned Palestinians to evacuate some areas of the territory in apparent preparation for a ground invasion.
Witnesses said the six were taken to an intersection in the north of the city where they were summarily shot for providing intelligence that helped Israel pinpoint key figures in Hamas and the Islamic Jihad targeted by their warplanes.
The names of the men are said to have been scrawled on the road after they had been questioned by Hamas security officials about who provided the ‘human intelligence’ necessary to pinpoint targets for ‘precision’ attacks that have 118 Palestinians – half civilians, including women and children, dead – in seven days of military operations.
Hamas Aqsa radio quoted a security official as saying the men had been ‘caught red handed’ with ‘hi-tech equipment and filming equipment to take footage of positions.’
Gunmen chained the body of one of the alleged collaborators to a motorcycle and dragged it throughout the main streets of Gaza
City in a warning to others who ‘betrayed’ Palestinians.
The executions came as Israel carried out more than 150 more strikes in Gaza and dropped leaflets in the heavily populated north and south of the city warning Palestinians to evacuate certain areas.
The leaflets include a ‘grid’ of streets to be cleared, adding : ‘The Israel Defence Forces are not targeting any of you and they do not want to harm you or your families. For your safety, you are required to evacuate your residences immediately and move towards central Gaza city.’
The move was seen as preparation for a possible land offensive but also a means as increasing pressure on Hamas to give ground in its demands over the terms of a ceasefire agreement being brokered in Cairo through Egypt.

President Jonathan's younger brother dies on his birthday

The younger half brother of president Goodluck Jonathan has died. Meni Jonathan  (pictured above) died today November 20th (the president's birthday) at the State House clinic in Abuja.

Meni, who was said to be in his late 40s, was flown in from Bayelsa last week to receive treatment at the Aso Rock Clinic for an undisclosed ailment he had been battling with for a few months now.

Mena, until his death was the chairman traditional council of chiefs  in Otuoke community of Bayelsa State. The president is yet to officially react to his brother's death. May his soul rest in peace...amen

Monday, 19 November 2012

Jim Ovia Donates 1bn To Victims Of Flood Disaster

The on-going efforts by the federal government at generating funds for the rehabilitation of victims of the recent flood disaster across the country have received a major boost as the former MD/CEO of Zenith Bank and now Chairman of Visafone Telecommunications, Mr Jim Ovia, donated the sum of N1 billion.
Mr Ovia aside the donation, promised that Visafone would set up emergency call centres across the country to curtail the impact of future natural disasters like flooding and further assured of the company’s continued determination to be in the fore front of corporate social responsibility so as to make Nigeria a better place for all.
While calliing on other corporate organisations not to be left out in the collective task of providing relief for the victims, Ovia said: “We have made our humble donation and we are still looking at other areas of assistance we can render. Plans are afoot towards setting up emergency call centres to mitigate the effect of future occurrence. Since it’s a natural occurrence, we may not be able to stop it but at least, lessen the effect on both the people and our environment through timely action which the call centers can facilitate.”
It would be recalled that the Federal Government, as a stop-gap measure, in response to the devastating effect of the floods, announced the disbursement of N500 million to the highly impacted states, N300million to the moderately impacted ones and N200million to the least impacted states.
This was followed up by the setting up of a 34-man Presidential Committee on Flood Relief and Rehabilitation co-chaired by business mogul, Aliko Dangote and legal luminary,Olisa Agbakoba. The committe swung into action when it organized a dinner in Abuja to raise fund for the victims of the flooding during which over N11 billion was realized.
Ovia said his donation was informed by the need to support government in the onerous task of resettling the affected citizens who are currently sheltered in different camps in the states.
He explained that the victims having been displaced would be psychologically traumatized as a result of the untold misery and that it is the responsibility of fellow Nigerians to help them in this time of need.
According to him, millions of our compatriots are currently grappling with the reality of having lost their homes, farmlands and sources of livelihood to the flood and our natural instinct is for all to rally round them for succor and to alleviate their suffering.
The Visafone Founder pointed out that since the federal Government had led the path towards the victims’ reintegration, it behoves on other well-meaning Nigerians to follow suit and contribute to the Fund to help their kinsmen at this moment of discomfort.

University Of Abuja Shut Down Following Students Unrest

The University of Abuja has been shut down by management following a monday morning protest by students.
Reports emanating from the Gwagwalada site of the University indicated that trouble started when some students of the Faculty of Engineering protested the inability of the school authority to bring out a timetable for their exams, even when students of other faculties have already started theirs.
A University source disclosed that there was a problem with Engineering courses as regards to accreditation, as those who graduated from the faculty were yet to get their results.
“The authorities felt there is no point writing exams for courses that have no accreditation until the issue is resolved, but the students feel shortchanged by the management. That is why they started protesting today,” the source said.

52 Prostitutes Rounded Up in Lagos

52 commercial sex workers have been arrested by the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit. The ladies, with ages ranging between 18 and 34, were raided at different locations in Isaac John and Toyin streets at Ikeja by policemen attached to the unit.
The exercise became necessary as a result of several complaints from the residents of the area about the activities of these nocturnal beings. The raid was said to have taken place between 10pm on Wednesday and 1am on Thursday.
Details of the raid were provided by a source within the taskforce: “We started moving round Toyin Street and later Isaac John Street to know where the prostitute usually stand to solicit for customers… as soon as we were satisfied, we started arresting them. The excercise did not last for more than three hours.”
Chairman of the Task Force, Superintendent Bayo Sulaiman, also confirmed the incident, saying, “There had been complaint by residents against a surge of commercial sex workers on Isaac John and Toyin streets… Isaac John Street is where we have the Government House and it is a criminal offence to solicit for sex by roadside.” He then warned that the task force would extend its raids to Lagos Island, Ikoyi and Victoria Island where he said commercial sex activities had been on the increase.